What is Lead and Lead Generation in Internet Marketing
Lead is one of the main factors that make up the conversion. Therefore, determining leads, identifying their sources and analyzing the return on investment in this process is extremely important.
What is a lead?
A lead is any user’s touch with a business that can lead to targeted action. Call, request, comment, like or subscription – these and many other events are related to leads. This can include not only online, but also offline actions: filling out a questionnaire at an event, transferring your contact details during a consultation, and even visiting a store.
In fact, a lead is a contact of a potential buyer. And the fact whether this contact will turn into a conversion or not depends on the future work of the marketer.
Most often, we categorize leads according to the level of user loyalty to the brand:
- Cold: a low level of user loyalty or involvement in the brand, he only gets acquainted with the product or service and is not yet sure whether he wants to perform the target action (purchase, visit, test drive, etc.);
- Warm: the average level of loyalty or user involvement in the brand, he is already familiar with the product or service and is considering the possibility of making an order;
- Hot: a high level of loyalty or user involvement in the brand, he is interested and wants to make a purchase.
Naturally, leads can easily be converted from cold to warm and from warm to hot. This is precisely the goal of lead generation: not only to create new leads but also to promote existing ones from lower levels of involvement to higher ones.
Lead Generation Tools
Lead generation tools include any platform on the basis of which there is a tracked user contact with the brand. The most commonly used lead generation tools are:
- Landing page or landing page: contains the main unique trading offers of the brand, a list of the benefits of the product or service, as well as one or more calls to action;
- Feedback form on the site;
- Order a call back on the site;
- Dynamic substitute phone number on the site, which works through a call tracking system and thereby helps to track the page from which the call was made;
- Lead form as part of an advertising campaign on Facebook (consists of text, creatives and a form with questions that the user fills);
- Confirmed application with all the customer details on the site.
The most important thing for effective lead generation is tracking sources, analyzing their payback and scaling successful links. That is the definition of which leads or login tools are converted better and in what ways their number can be increased.
Initially, it should be indicated which target actions should be monitored and which KPIs should be measured. This will be the basis for the concept of the effectiveness of marketing activities for the project.
Also Read: Top 20 Social Media Marketing Take Off Tips
It is important not to interrupt the chain of actions at all stages of the processing of the lead and timely “squeeze” it. Regular interactions with the leader should be based on a systematic approach and be part of a single strategy. Here, all possible tools are involved, from email marketing to retargeting in social networks or remarketing in PPC.
A very effective way to continue working with leads is to create a remarketing audience. Consider it Step by step.
How to build Facebook remarketing audiences with videos
For example, our client is a construction company selling apartments. Our goal is to gather an audience that is potentially interested in buying an apartment and immediately segment it according to needs. To do this, we compile a list of needs of potential buyers, for example, of this type:
- Sound insulation;
- Well-groomed house territory;
- Large area of the apartment;
- costed repairs;
- Location and others.
We create a short video (you can use slide shows) for each of the needs. We devote the first to what excellent sound insulation the apartment has and how important it is to take this parameter into account when choosing an apartment, the second to the adjacent territory and so on.
Then set up a Facebook audience campaign. To do this, open the tab “All tools” in the advertising manager:
Choose “Resources” – “Audiences”. Click “Create an audience” – “Individualized audience”:
Video will help us collect the desired audience segment. The user who viewed 75% of the video and did not turn it off earlier, the system will automatically determine how interested in this topic.
We can only wait until more than 1000 people are recruited in the segment, and save it. Further, a technical matter: “squeeze” each segment with its needs and pains.
In addition, groups can be scaled up by creating similar audiences for free – this function is offered by the system itself.
This is just one example of working with leads and lead generation. There may be many of them, and the practice will help determine the most effective ones for your project.
Leads are potential buyers who, when properly processed, are converted into targeted actions. They are divided into cold, warm and hot – depending on the level of interest.
Lead generation is used to collect leads – a process that requires a systematic approach, timely analysis of effectiveness and optimization of marketing activity.
To Learn More Join #1 Digital Marketing Institute In Varanasi