You must have read at many places marketing your website, product or service through content marketing is one of the best ways to promote your brand. Content marketing is the best and easiest way as it has more advantages than of any other sort.
The multiple benefits include higher domain authority and search engine rankings, more referral and social traffic and increased conversion potential.
I just said content marketing is easy to promote your business but it doesn’t mean everyone is doing it right. There are a few strategies you can make so as to market content properly. Most of the entrepreneurs haphazardly do content marketing and eventually end up in a mess. Half-hearted content floats on the internet, which is again harmful to your business name. The truth is, you need a really good strategy to constantly produce, re-purpose, and promote engaging content.
So here it goes the tips to effective content marketing strategies
- In-depth knowledge of the topics – You need to have complete knowledge of your domain, about which you intend to write. Besides that, you need to have an idea about your competitions in the market. Most importantly you need to reach out to your customers. Their queries, their problems, their interests. When you have a significant customer base from a particular section of society, you need to look out for what and how your customer would be interested in your product and the service you intend to provide. The worst kind of content marketing starts with companies focused on showing how great their product or service is, instead of filling a void or addressing a clearly defined pain point.
- Strong headline – What is going to attract people towards your content? A strong headline. A large percentage of people decide whether they want to read your article or not just by reading your headline/title. There are four possible ways to make your headline worth a catch:
- Make the title heading catchy, attractive.
- Bring an urge of urgency in the topic.
- Make the headline relevant to the matter written in it.
- Be very specific about what the article is about.
Make the headline search engine friendly and make the title so interesting that the reader automatically wants to click on it.
- Effective call for action – This is what is important and tricky as well. You write and post some content online. Your job hasn’t finished yet. You have been successful in your content marketing strategy if your reader, your audience is ready to take the next step. The step can include a free product trial, entertaining video, in-person consultation or enrolling for a webinar. The better the content you deliver, the more the audience will be interested in getting involved with your business. You can offer a sample or some free trial period offer. This entire thing, from writing the article to managing the customer to get involved with your business is effective content marketing.
- Giving variations in the style of your writings- When you are posting articles on the internet, you cannot expect your customer base to consistently read and follow your long posted paragraphs. Create variations. You can change the format of the write-ups.
- Guides- You can have guide articles like how to … , these articles help the readers to solve their problems or clear their confusions.
- Listicles- People love it when they get a list of things in one single article! It makes their job easy. Listicles give various things priority wise, help people in making more informed decisions. Create a list that fills a need or solves a problem and makes it skimmable since often it is skimmed and not read.
- Case studies- Give a particular situation, which may or may not be related to your product/service. If it is related to your business, set up the world and how the problem negatively impacts the customer’s life. Confront with various solutions. In the final stage, demonstrate how your company offers a life-changing solution. Talk about both success and failure. Remember, the story is about them while your product is a small part of the journey.
- Personal story- people love reading that. Talk about personal stories, your opinions, experiences that are engaging as well as inspiring.
- Visual content – This is a very creative, attractive way to engage your audience. It helps the audience process, comprehend, and retain more information rapidly. There are many types of visual contents that you can use. You can use slides, infographics, videos etc. In case, of slides, break down complex information into easily digestible slides on SlideShare, which has more than 60 million unique visitors. Or infographics, which gets more likes on social media than any other kind of content. Try to limit the statistics to 10–12 focused on a single topic with the length of the infographic, not more than 8,000 pixels. More than that will result in jumbled facts and figures. In case, of videos, there is a very high scope of creativity and brand promotion you could do. Make videos which are engaging and covers our business agenda and promotion efficiently and effectively.
- Guest blogging- is a good way to create awareness and improve search rankings. Creating a guest blog makes a great difference as it will attract more clients to your business. Combine guest postings with an on-site content strategy which leads to better SEO, more traffic, and greater conversions in a short time period. Guest blogging builds the reputation of your company, you get to know about your potential competitors and other niche websites. You build better relations with your client and reach out to more audience as well.
- Promotion of the content- Even the best-written article by the best writer of the world is of no use if the content is not presented or promoted well. Promoting your content actually, means that the users are convinced and impressed enough to use the service or product your business actually provides.