Has a website but no traffic? It can be fixed! We know more than 50 ways that will help increase the regular flow of visitors to your web resource, and therefore your profit. How to do it? Read in our article!
1. SEO – search engine optimization.
To increase the traffic to your website, you first of all need to fill it with high-quality text content, which includes relevant keywords.
The first stage of work is the search for one or more keys that represent your area of activity. They will be used in texts filling the web pages of the site. In the first few months of content creation, select keywords with a search volume of fewer than 10 thousand queries per month as keywords. Later, after filling the website with content and optimizing its pages, it will be possible to expand the semantic core with keys with a large search volume.
Use the blog to create the necessary basis for SEO-promotion of your online store. By working on this section of the site, you can attract organic traffic.
2. Regular updating of content.
Search engines primarily show sites whose content is regularly updated. In order to keep the website content always up-to-date, outdated content must be periodically deleted, replaced with new, or regularly updated old content.
A simple technique that will allow you to demonstrate the regular activity to the Google search engine – to give your customers the opportunity to leave product reviews. Bonuses to the always “fresh” content of the web resource:
- Receiving a large number of unique content, which also increases traffic.
- Studying reviews, visitors spend more time on the site, which improves its SEO position.
3. Analysis of competitor websites.
To understand which marketing channels will help you increase online sales, analyze the activities of competitors. Having found out their main sources of traffic, you can significantly increase the attendance of your own web resource.
The free Alexa service will help you with this analysis. How to use this tool:
- Enter the URL of the competitor’s site.
- Go to the section “Upstream sites”.
- Browse through the list of websites that users visited just before they entered a competitor’s site.
How to use the information received:
- If the main source of traffic is Google, focus on Google Ads and SEO-optimization.
- if visitors get to competitors mainly through Facebook, get involved in advertising on this platform.
- if the largest number of customers comes to the website through a niche blog, you need to try to establish cooperation with this blog.
4. Promotion through YouTube.
How to increase traffic through the YouTube channel:
- Create commercials on YouTube.
- add links to the description of videos.
- Add links to annotations to videos.
- Encourage other YouTube users to share links to your videos.
To attract visitors to your online store through this channel, you will have to work hard. You will need at least one video per week, moreover, for quite some time. Collaboration with major video bloggers brings very good results.
5. Promotion on the Facebook platform.
Although this social network was created for communication between friends and family members, today this platform can become a source of good traffic. Where visitors can come to your site from:
- From groups for buying and selling on Facebook.
- posts on Facebook.
- From your own page of your online store.
6. Promotion on the Instagram platform.
About Instagram today, only the lazy did not hear. Created for communication, this social network is one of the best marketing channels for online trading. This is facilitated by a large number of users and business-friendly features of the site.
How to increase traffic using Instagram:
- Create an online store page, place a link to it in the profile header.
- Add links to Instagram stories, in the texts of posts and photos.
- organize branches.
- Arrange with people who will sell your goods for a commission, or will post their referral link in Instagram posts.
- Collaborate with influential blogs that have a large number of subscribers.
- Place advertisements.
7. Use Email – marketing.
Email promotion has long been proven to be effective. Therefore, from the first day of the existence of your web resource, we recommend that you create a list of email addresses for distribution. To do this, simply add a subscription form to your newsletter on the site. By subscribing to them, your potential buyers will always be aware of the price actions, sales, and new products of your store. Such information often stimulates not only to enter the site but also to make a purchase.
The advantage of this marketing channel is that, unlike social networks, it is completely controlled by you.
8. Promotion on the LinkedIn platform.
This social network has its own specifics and is rarely considered by online stores as a source of traffic. Nevertheless, regularly posting your PR news on this platform, you can get a steady stream of visitors from this source.
What information can be published on LinkedIn to increase site traffic:
- About your participation in charity events.
- About the achievements of your employees.
- About the success of your business.
- About an innovative product that has appeared in your assortment.
- Informational videos with a link to your site.
9. Promotion on the Twitter platform.
This resource is actively fighting with the automation of spam, but it can also bring new visitors to you. By the way, this platform is one of the best for beginning entrepreneurs whose goal is to increase traffic. This will help you:
- The uses of appropriate hashtags.
- Competent content marketing.
On Twitter, you can publish messages about new product launches, promotions, and sales, etc., or post links to voluminous articles published on the site. You can also write interesting tweets here that will help you find a common language with potential customers. At the same time, do not forget to post links to pages of your online store in the articles and use the “click to retweet” function.
10. Try Pinterest.
Interest is another great way to increase website traffic. Using this resource can bring even better results than working with Facebook.
What you need to do to promote – just add your products and blog content to this social network a couple of times a week. But there is a little trick. To attract the maximum number of visitors to your web resource, you need to make one PIN code viral.
Another tip – when posting a message, attach all the images that you have in it. Even custom ones can be useful to you. This will give you the opportunity to remove the pin code, and increase the number of conversions to your online store.
Lastly, try using the Pinoculars app, which redirects visitors to the Interest. This way you can further increase the number of conversions from Pinterest to your site.
What other ways are there to increase site traffic?
40. Effective methods to increase traffic:
11. Promotion on Snapchat.
12. Add your website to search engines.
13. Internet marketing through the social news site Reddit.
14. Find partners.
15. Out Influencer Marketing.
16. Use the Quora Question and Answer Forum.
17. Do not forget about the Yahoo search engine – write a few comments on Yahoo Answers.
18. Advertising networks.
19. Collaboration with other brands.
20. Web resource optimization for long keys.
21. Use backlinks.
22. Hook People In.
23. Offer niche blogs yourself as a guest blogger.
24. Order niche bloggers a few articles on their blog.
25. Add internal links.
26. Include Influencers in articles.
27. Add a forum to the site.
28. Be active in niche forums – leave your comments.
29. Daily add new products or update site content.
30. Use mail-in social networks.
31. Work with journalists – they will help with content and advertising.
32. Post press releases on popular news portals (such as PR Newswire).
33. Develop a free course for your customers, post it on the site.
34. Create presentations (news, company history, annual progress report, development strategy, etc.) – SlideShare will help you.
35. Do not forget to regularly publish the product.
37. Post-test content that includes features for sharing results.
38. Add buttons to the website to go to your pages on social networks.
40. Record podcasts.
41. Sales and promotions on the site – on an ongoing basis.
42. Hold contests among subscribers in social networks.
43. Write in medium, including in the text links back to your website.
44. Analyze your online resource and determine where the bulk of visitors come from.
45. Optimize the best source of the traffic to get the most out of it.
46. Market expansion through a social marketing site.
47. Post unique content on the site.
48. Direct traffic to your website from personal accounts.
49. Become the Best in the News Feed.