Greetings to all fans of the videos. You probably adore watching other people’s videos and have already thought about how to create a video blog more than once. This article contains all the proven tips and actionable recommendations. Using them, you will definitely understand where to start and how to develop your new business. The level of earnings depends on your aspiration, desire, performance and the correct choice of topic.
How to create a video blog on YouTube: step-by-step instructions
A blog with video recordings is called a vlog, a word that appeared relatively recently but quickly became popular. Youtube video hosting is best suited for posting video recordings. It is popular, convenient, has special tools for channel promotion. With the right approach, it is quite possible to achieve a high permanent income. Earnings depend on the number of views, the popularity of the video. Therefore, it is so important to make high-quality videos, and not to “fill” everything in a row.
1. Choose a topic
How to blog? First you need to decide on the topic. It is recommended to focus on topics that are interesting not only to potential viewers, but also to the author.
After all, to make a high-quality video about what does not cause interest in the author himself is almost impossible. Therefore, you should not focus only on trends. Be sure to consider your preferences.
If we talk about the most trending areas of vlogs, I will highlight the following topics:
- features of the vision of online business and different earning options;
- car repair and review of new brands;
- gastronomic direction – cooking, original recipes, etc .;
- movie reviews are not necessarily new, although it is the novelties that bring the most views;
- playing sports and a healthy lifestyle;
- overview of tourist places, rules for the selection of equipment, etc .;
- unpacking of goods, especially if these are products from China;
- any master classes.
It is recommended that the vlog is thematic, but it is possible to create a versatile channel.
2. Registration and registration
I continue to talk about how to make a video blog and go directly to the creation of the channel, its registration. To do this, you need:
- Register Gmail
- using it, log in to Youtube;
- create a channel.
After creating, start filling out the channel:
- select an avatar;
- pick up a cover;
- Provide a small but informative description.
For the avatar and cover, you need to select only unique pictures that are better made independently. They must be relevant to the channel theme.
Additionally, they recommend registering in WebMoney and be sure to get a formal certificate (for starters). The system withdraws earned funds to the system wallet. You can also pay advertising costs from him.
3. Preparation of the studio
When thinking about how to start a video blog, be sure to consider creating a studio. Gone are the days when a poor camera was enough. Today, the viewer has become more demanding – he needs:
- sharp image;
- Nice picture;
- good sound.
By the way, it is not necessary to design a studio. If the theme of the video allows, you can see the recording directly on the city streets.
You already understood how to create a video blog, and now a little about what equipment will be needed:
- even if it’s a small camera that shoots in high resolution (at least 1280 by 720, if the format is 16: 9 and not less than 640 by 480, if the format is 4 to 3);
- light – not less than two sources (lateral and direct);
- microphone – the viewer should hear you well. At the initial stage, even a small buttonhole is enough, the price of which is only a few dollars;
- a tripod – a camera is placed on it, it allows you to avoid image jitter.
Do not neglect the equipment. The quality of the rollers depends on it. Accordingly, the number of your viewers.
4. How to conduct a video blog: Scenario
Before recording a movie, you should prepare a script. It helps to make the video logically built, understandable. Give viewers clearly structured information.
The script also provides for how additional material is needed – to shoot some video inserts, select images, etc.
5. Features of the feed
I continue to talk about how to conduct a video blog. We turn to the features of the filing of video materials. There are several proven and successful formats.
Direct appeal to the viewer. The author is shot in close-up, waist-high. Recording is on the same background. Such shootings are recommended for vlogs of serious subjects.
Voiceover. A video is shown on the screen, the author himself is not visible, but his voice is heard. Suitable for topics such as cooking, repairs, reviews of various subjects, etc.
Overall plan. In this version, the author is fully visible, in full growth. The surrounding background is clearly visible. A great option for training, overview of tourist attractions, etc.
One of the important points on how to conduct a video blog implies the mandatory installation of the shot video. It is almost impossible to do without it. Even an experienced blogger is not able to remove everything so as to exclude editing.
There are many programs for installation. Both professional and amateur:
- Movavi Video Suite;
- Adobe Premiere Pro
- Sony Vegas
- and others.
Try to work in several programs. So you will understand which is suitable for you, is the most convenient.
After installation, it is necessary to convert the video clip to a format that provides a high-quality picture:
- Broadcast (image quality – 1080p, HD);
- MPEG-2 (with the extension .MPG or MPEG-4).
Do you know how to make a video blog popular? It is imperative to provide an initial and final splash screen (do not make them long, a few seconds are enough), captions (for example, sign yourself as an author) and at least minimal special effects.
As a screensaver, even a simple static picture with the name of the vlog is suitable. And for special effects, special software is suitable. I will single out two programs:
- Magic Particles 3D;
- Particle Illusion.
If the home environment does not allow you to make a beautiful background, take advantage of the technology of chromakey. Its essence is that the author of the blog records video on a green background. Then you can substitute any picture in the program for editing.
7. Promotion, promotion
You already understood how to create a video blog. But one of the important points is the mandatory subsequent promotion of the channel. That is, attracting viewers and subscribers to the channel. There are several possible options for promotion.
- Social networks. The video recorded and uploaded to Youtube is published on social networks. Not necessarily only on a personal page. Look for groups, communities thematically related to your channel and post a video there.
- Advertising as recommendations. That is, you find popular bloggers and negotiate advertising with them – they recommend your channel, your videos.
- Publish links to other resources. It can be forums, directories, blogs, etc.
- Viral video. Its essence is to record a video that will cause a “wow effect”. Users will quickly drag it through their pages on social networks, which will cause a huge number of views.
Contributes to the description and design. In particular, when creating a title for a video, filling in the appropriate fields when publishing it, you should definitely use keywords. So on the video will come users looking for something similar for a specific request.