Basics of Internet Marketing
All Internet marketing tools are subordinate to the solution of any of the two main tasks:
- Attracting visitors to the site
- Motivating visitors to perform an action on the site (the so-called conversion)
Useful actions for business can be different: your potential client, but for now, the site visitor can subscribe to the newsletter or download useful content (and you will get the lead), buy a product, order a service, sign up for an event, share your article on social networks.
There are several ways to achieve these goals: digital marketing itself, Internet advertising and content marketing. The basics of internet marketing include exploring ways to interact with the user and how to convey the necessary information to him.
Internet advertising brings you to the site traffic – visitors who clicked on your ad banner. Paid Internet advertising is placed in the form of banners on websites, in social networks, as well as contextual ads in search engines.
Paid Internet advertising types:
- CPV, Cost Per Visitor – payment only when a user moves from a banner to a site, and only unique visitors are considered who have come for the first time.
- CPA, Cost Per Action – an advertisement is paid when the user performs an action on the customer’s site.
- And it can be either buying something, then an ad can be called CPS or Cost Per Sale, or a lead is leaving contacts, and the ad subspecies will be called CPL, Cost Per Lead.
- CPC, Cost Per Click – the most common and intuitive type of ad when paying when you click on an ad. CPC is part of a PPC (Pay Per Click) advertising model.
- CPV, Cost Per View (Cost Per Impression) – a charge for displaying an advertising banner to a user.
- CPM, Cost Per Thousand (M – the designation of a thousand in Latin) – pay per thousand impressions, a type of CPV-ads / banners.
Internet Marketing Is The Science & Art Of Increasing The Targeted Audience
Free online advertising or affiliate program – exchange of banners between partner sites for more Internet audience and increase conversion on the site.
Content marketing solves the problem of attracting a visitor by providing useful information for a specific target audience. Content marketing also includes the promotion of content in social networks (SMM), search engines (content SEO), and email newsletters.
Internet marketing as a whole performs important tasks of informing the client about the product or service, motivating them to make a purchase, collecting and analyzing information about the target audience of the product and influencing the behavior of their target audience. Compared to conventional marketing, internet marketing can be called inbound – inbound – marketing, since it basically gathers customers to the site, rather than simply declaring advertising messages.
Web analytics is an important component of Internet marketing, which is responsible for collecting and analyzing data about the behavior of users on the site, gives an idea of the nature of the audience of the site, demonstrates the most effective traffic channels and the way users purchase. Owning Google Analytics tools allows you to get all this data.
Search engine optimization (SEO) also relies on analytics data, is closely related to content promotion and at the same time solves technical problems for better site indexing by search engines. Read more about the need for SEO in Internet marketing in a separate article.
Communication with the target audience is the most important component of promotion, it is included in the basic basics of Internet marketing. Communication channels are, first of all, the social network – Social Media Marketing, in addition, various forms for entering messages on the site, as well as communication with the user by e-mail – email newsletters and answers to customer questions. In addition, as an element of communication, it is worth perceiving buttons with CTA – call to action, a call to action on the site. Responsible for visual communication is the design of the site, which is created by the UI UX designer, based on the typical behavior of the user.
Digital Growth World Internet marketing course give a chance to master the basics of digital marketing, even for those who have very little free time.